No Show and Cancellation Policy
Shiloh Veterinary Clinic understands that sometimes you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment. However, when you do not call in advance to cancel an appointment, you are preventing another pet from receiving veterinary care. It is the responsibility of the client to arrive for their appointment on time and cancel, if needed, with at least 24 hours’ notice.
- If you must cancel an appointment, please provide 24 hours’ notice to avoid penalties. Leave a message on voicemail at 618-622-3778, email firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a message on Facebook if it is after hours or the lines are busy.
- You will be documented as a “No Show” appointment if:
1. You cancel with less than 24 hours’ notice,
2. Fail to show up for your appointment, or
3. Arrive more than 10 minutes late for your appointment without prior notice.
- No Show penalties for current clients:
- 1st No Show: Phone call stating that you have been counted as a No Show for that appointment
- 2nd No Show: Phone call + a $50 fee added to your file which must be paid at next visit
- 3rd No Show: Written notice + $85 fee added to your file which must be paid at next visit
- After 3 No Shows, your veterinarian will decide if he/she will terminate you as a client
- For all new patient appointments, we will collect a non-refundable credit card payment equal to the initial consult fee when scheduling the appointment. If you are present for your first appointment, this will appear as a credit on your invoice toward your visit.
- No Show penalties for new clients:
- If you fail to show up OR fail to give the required 24 hours’ notice for cancellation/rescheduling the appointment, the initial consult fee will not be refunded or transferred. You will receive a phone call stating that you have been counted as a No Show. The veterinarian you were scheduled to see will decide if he/she will accept you as a client.